The Traditional Media’s War on Third Week

When you have an important point to make, don’t try to be subtle or clever. Use a pile driver. Hit the point once. Then come back and hit it again. Then hit it a third time–a tremendous whack.” –Winston Churchill

It’s the third most wonderful time of the year! Third week is here, finally! Some of you were already explorers in the TBU this time last year for the inaugural celebration of the best new holiday to come about in centuries. If you haven’t heard about Third Week yet, I’m not surprised. The so-called “traditional media” won’t cover the story. Because Third Week is above commercialization and if they can’t make a buck off of it the networks and the newspapers and even the Google just don’t care. But there is a groundswell of support for Third Week and eventually the “Man” will be able to ignore it no more. For those of you blacked out on coverage of Third Week, here’s a link to last year’s original TBU story.

I task you friends to take up arms (metaphorically) in this war–a war started by the Traditional (and non-traditional too I guess) Media. Spread the word. Shout it from the rooftops! Hold clandestine meetings in your homes! Put three lights up in the bell tower! Blog! Facebook (ooh, somebody start a “group”)! Gossip! Start an email chain letter promising bad luck to those who don’t forward, or a million bucks to those who do (idea–Bill Gates supports Third Week–you take it from there). If you are liberal spread the word that Barack Obama secretly celebrates his Third Week heritage. Conservative? No problem, tell everyone he wants to come to their homes and take away their Third Week.

It’s the week before the week when everyone quits for the year. For too long we’ve waited for Thanksgiving to shut it all down. So take heart. They cannot hold back this tide forever, friends. When Third Week becomes the law of the land let it not be said that you were on the sidelines when the movement began.

I leave you to ponder what’s within your heart and your conscience and I am sure you will be guided accordingly.

This entry was posted in Humor and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to The Traditional Media’s War on Third Week

1. Take heart. O’Reilly included a report on the War on Third Week in his kickoff coverage of the War Against Christmas.

I just decided that I’m going to start a war against Hispanics named Jesus to see if Fox will declare that there’s a War Against Jesus.

If Obama declares a War Against Using The Term “War Against,” will Tea Baggers declare a War Against The War Against Using The Term “War Against”? Because I’m against that.

2. irvineredd says:

Unfortunately I don’t live in a world where Third Week exists. While you guys enjoy the lazy holiday period, I work my @$$ off.

I don’t support the cause though. Somebody has to get to do nothing!

3. irvineredd says:

Whoops, I meant, I do support the cause.

• Rafael says:

Dear ரகுவீரதயாள்,Checked this in all three browsers (chrome, IE, Firefox) seems to be dialysping fine. Please check if you have Arial Unicode MS and Latha fonts and the browser recognizes the page encoding as unicode.bhavadeeya:Sangatham Editor.

I’ve searched both my heart and conscience and they are full of greed. Let us not spread the word, but joyously bask in this knowledge alone. Media declaration will break down the joy to be had in Third Week. People everywhere will declare their own prospective rights to enjoy such a glorious event, calendars will be marked and sick days used. Corporations will buckle under the pressure forcing our government to declare Third Week an official Holiday. When once Third Week allowed those in the know to slack off, boosting the moral of the do-gooders by giving them a chance to pick up where they have left off effectively allowing the wheels of corporate America to keep on turning, we will be at stand still. The loss of Moral will cost the do-gooders greatly as they will feel a sense of hopelessness. Christmas sales will plummet, while the children of the world will wail simultaneously come Christmas morning. In years to come crime will meet it’s all time high, as the Children of the Scorn seek redemption. Before you know it, time will cease to exist and Third Week will forever be blamed and without time no one will ever again be able to pin point exactly when Third Week took place. It’s quite the travesty.

Or it could go another way. You never know.

5. calicobebop says:

I’m all about the holidays – commercialized or otherwise. Sign me up!

I’d forgotten about this concept but it absolutely applies to my husband’s line of work – he and his business partner (my cousin) say nothing gets done between Thanksgiving and Christmas – however, the demands are in high supply. People just do not want to work during this time of the year.