Quote of the Day:
“Sam Cunningham did more to integrate Alabama in 60 minutes than Martin Luther King did in twenty years.” –Jerry Claiborne, Alabama assistant in 1970, Kentucky Head Coach 1980’s
100. The midnight Hawaii game
99. Split Ends, Flankers and Wingbacks
98. Sam Bam Cunningham
97. The Wishbone
96. The 12th Man
95. The Volunteer Navy
94. Waking up Saturday at 10 am during your sophomore year to catch a few minutes of Gameday, take a bite of cold pizza, fill up your flask, and then head over to the stadium for the dreaded morning kickoff
93. Temple plus 46 on the teaser
92. Tear-away jerseys
90. Multiple team mascots/nicknames
89. Amos Alonzo Stagg
87. Callin the Hogs
86. The dulcet tones of a Keith Jackson/Frank Broyles called game
85. The Golden Egg, The Old Oaken Bucket, The Little Brown Jug
84. Quarterbacks numbered above 19
83. UCLA cheerleaders
82. Listening to the fight songs in a Michigan/USC Rose Bowl
81. Harvard Beats Yale, 29-29
I’ve only got about another 30 or so for the list so far, so it is not ranked, fyi. I think of something new for it periodically and make a note. So please add your reasons here and I’ll probably add them to the list at some point. If they are worthy.
Not so bad so far, just waiting what slant you take on the next 20. Another hint is those sweaters the USC cheerleaders wear and the Chaps Texas cheerleaders wear. and don’t forget learning how to choke down a plastic cup full of bourbon with a splash of coke and hotdogs at halftime.
The DAWG POUND ROCK!
Oh , and
“Go To Hell Ole Miss!”
Tight Ends and
Wide Recievers…if ya know what I mean.
Bands…….dotting the I
Hook and Ladder play
Smear the Queer
USM vs MSU…again
I would like to give kudoos to Baen and the rest of bullDawg nation for stepping up and showing they have a pair! This is what college football is all about. When the game is hosted in Hattie I would like to host you and all your kind. Boiled shrimp, crabs, buffalo chicken dip, pulled pork, and all the beer and brown wiskey you would like to partake in, a good time will be had by all. Good luck to you this weekend against those corndog smelling coonass’s.
To add to the list…..phrases from my youth that would have never been uttered without college football
“There will be no throwing balls at peoples dicks” Gretchen
“It only takes one” RJ
“A 100 bucks is a 100 bucks” Waldo
“Run you big bull” many have said this on Del Norte
“Hey, we can’t lose” Greeg
“Plate Job” RJ
Good ones TJ, that made me chuckle out loud!!!
1) Band playing Dixie
2) Hotty Toddy
3) The Grove
4) Storming the field and tearing down the goalposts.
5) Spread Eagle Faceplants on the front yard because Bama just lost to Auburn in aclose one.
6) Hating Notre Dame
7) The Heisman (back in the day)
nasty bunch, Nasty Bunch, NASTY BUNCH
Ugly Penn State Uniforms that never change
1. Dorky Penn State fan’s kitten ROAR…Sounds like the stadium is vomiting on each other!
2. Tennessee fans singing Rocky Top…way too many damn times per game!
3. Kneeling on the ball…1st and goal at the 1 yrd line with 1 minute left to go…GAME GOES UNDER THE TOTAL!!!!
GET U SUM!
-when State beat Bama 6-3 in about 1980
-the Play: where CAL beat Stanford on about 9 pitchbacks on a kickoff return and ran over the band in the end zone
-when the hand of God reached down and blew back MSU’s FG on the last play of the game preserving the victory for Ole Miss in the early 80’s
-the Catch Kordell Stewart to Westbrook
-FSU’s numerous Wide Rights
-The Four Horsemen
-The Galloping Ghost
There are some good ones here. And some terrible ones. Smiley. And a few that inspire an entirely different list altogether that I may go with later in the year. Keep ’em coming. Some of these, like the Flutie HM you won’t see until the top 20, I’ve got to save enough true classics for last.
God(Tebow) being stopped on 4th and 1
Play fake to the tight end inside the 10
Two-point coversion Patridge to Peterson to win