Quote of the Day:
“How I hate those who are dedicated to producing conformity.” –William S. Burroughs
Travellinbaen invites you to join his group:
- “I’ve never said “Happy Holidays” to anyone but I think I’m going to start now….just for laughs.”
- “Opening the closet door to expose your Facebook super-religious friends’ skeletons.”
- “If you knew what I thought about your status update today you’d de-friend me.”
- “Damn, some of my old classmates look a lot older than me. Which is awesome.”
- “Lists should comprise any number of items but ten.”
- “It is not a coincidence that the economic collapse and Facebook explosion took place at the same time in history.”
- “I wish I hadn’t been born a Bulldog fan but I was dammit, but maybe its not so bad because next year I’m pretty sure we’re gonna be good.”
- “I wish I hadn’t been born a Bulldog fan but I was dammit, but maybe its not so bad because at least I wasn’t born a Rebel.”
- “Cookies Anonymous”
- “Let’s see if we can get zero people to join this group and set a world’s record.”
- “Posters of chain emails without checking them out at Snopes, especially the ones that say in the body they were checked on Snopes but really weren’t.”
- “I would never join any Facebook Group that would have me as a member.”
Oh yeah, here’s one more I meant to add–
“Please don’t think I don’t care about breast cancer or your birthday calendar or mafia wars just because I “ignore” your group invitations.”
I like many of these group names but I am pretty ignorant when it comes to Facebook.
As some of you may know I do not have a Facebook page because I would rather not be bothered by IR’s dad and/or I would not want to be responsible for him finding IR since he has no clue where he currently is – thus the reason we have aliases. So if I were to be on Facebook I would have to use a fake name which would defeat the purpose wouldn’t it?
Isn’t it awkward when you ignore someone’s friend request? Or worse yet – defriend them? Isn’t that like a break up?
Good list. To further confirm the (untrue) impression that I’m a godless liberal, I’ve flirted with status updates that say I’ve started the following groups:
1. Are There People Who ARE Afraid To Say They Love God?
2. I Didn’t Realize Christians Were So Persecuted In This Country. When’s The Next Stoning? There’s Not One? Guess That’s Why I Didn’t Realize Christians Were So Persecuted In This County.
3. I Don’t Care What You’re Having For Dinner.
4. I Hope You Kick Ass At Every Facebook Game You Play, But I Don’t Need To Know About It.
5. Had I Known This Is What You Had To Say, I Wouldn’t Have Become Friends With You
6. Shut Up About How You Hate Mondays And Tell Me How Beautiful My Children Are
Good ones TB (except the rebel one)…How about this…..90% of my posts over the last month have been about my lack of sleep or need for sleep, I think I might need to see a specialist and shut the f@*k up!!!
Or….let’s all say “Who Dat” together one time and spare everyone our never-ending, expressions of love for the Saints
Very funny. Very true. I am guilty as charged by a few of these. BTW TB, I don’t think the whole note posted to FB. Click the link and check. This should be shared with the masses. (not that there aren’t masses here in the TB universe.)
JLM, yeah, there are issues sometimes.
Brian? You have beautiful children.
Q, yes, who dat indeed. Geaux Saints.
Mac, thx, as for the link, I made it that way on purpose hoping FB viewers, of which there have been some, would click the link and come on over to the official site. Trying to build up my numbers here. Unfortunately, I kind of think most of the previous FB only viewers just say the heck with it when they get to the end of the preview.
I’m giving TDW a rest. I’m trying to put together something a little longer and I found that blogging was causing me to go throughout each day thinking, “Hey, maybe I can blog about that.” And instead of keeping a theme in mind, I was making myself ADHD.
Now, I can focus on writing a longer piece of non-interesting crud rather than bombarding the web with occasional, shorter bursts of crud.
Of course, I’ll always come here and leave crud. I’m cruddy like that.
I can’t decide if I’m going to update my status to #3 or #4. It’s a tough call.
I was playing around on it earlier when I noticed that my (much) older brother was becoming a fan of entirely too many things. I sent him the link to become a fan of “Becoming A Fan.” He immiediately became one, then (sarcastically) replied, “I are one.” So right away I joined the group “I judge people who use bad grammar.” The maturity level in our family is insane!
SM I have another one.
“You know how Facebook let’s you “hide” the posts of people you don’t wanna read about. This Group wants Facebook to let you “hide” your own posts and pics from being posted to those people–oh sure they can still seek you out–but let’s at least make it difficult for them–and now this is JUST like junior high.”
Ok, that’s a long name for a group, but I’ve seen longer already this morning.