Many of you know Shepherd is in my extended family by marriage. I’m eternally grateful to him for his Katrina reporting and editorializing and I think it has been moments like those–cutting through the bullshit–that have led him to overwhelming success as the best newscaster in the business. He’s done it a lot through the years, and sometimes I think he’s wrong. But I never doubt his sincerity, something I can’t say for many on tv. I posted the punchlines earlier not knowing I’d come across this tonight, so forgive the dueling and opposite themes coming at you in one day. I’ve heard a lot of back and forth on this all week, but Shepherd is the first person I’ve heard, right or left, who I believe has discussed torture properly. At least he’s come as close as I’ve heard. If this post starts blowing up with talking points that’s fine, but don’t neglect to add your take on the lighter side post as well. Two videos are below. You can guess what the quote of the day is if you watch carefully in video number 1.
Explore the TB Universe
- RT @FirenzeMike: I’m deceased 🤣💀 https://t.co/QvLEhHAmap 19 hours ago
- Tiny Elvis: "whoa, that's a big ol' Bible" Sycophants: "Good one, Tiny E." Tiny Elvis: "all's I'm sayin' is that's… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- @TheAmandaGorman 2028. I'm on board. 1 day ago
- if as a Christian it's important for you to have a fellow Christian in the White House, you've got to be pleased right now. 1 day ago
- Love the trot. And the casual helmet flip at the end is worth a 162 modern bat flips. twitter.com/bsmile/status/… 2 days ago
Have Your Say