Quote of the Day:
“And that brings us to tonight’s word: Truthiness. Now I’m sure some of the word-police, the “wordanistas” over at Websters, are gonna say, “Hey, that’s not a word!” Well, anybody who knows me knows that I am no fan of dictionaries or reference books. They’re elitist. Constantly telling us what is or isn’t true, what did or didn’t happen…
“I don’t trust books. They’re all fact, no heart. And that’s exactly what’s pulling our country apart today. Because face it, folks, we are a divided nation. Not between Democrats or Republicans, or conservatives and liberals, or tops and bottoms. No, we are divided by those who think with their head, and those who know with their heart...
“The ‘truthiness’ is, anyone can read the news to you. I promise to feel the news…at you.” –Stephen Colbert, on the premiere of The Colbert Report
- Who will Kanye West interrupt next, and under what circumstances?
- Fill in the blank to this bumper sticker: “I’d rather be _____________.”
- On your own side of the political spectrum, going by your vote/preference for President last time, what politician is the most full of BS?
- What are the top 5 world “events” of your lifetime that you actually recall? (Include your year of birth.)
- What fast food delicacy do you have a weakness for?
- Stephen Colbert recently failed in his attempt to achieve the most insults to Mexico in a half hour TV show for the Guiness Book of World Records. What Guiness World Record would you like to hold?
I’ll get this started.
1. stay tuned. I’m working on a whole post for this one.
3. I’m not gonna take the easy way out and go for a blue dog–so I think its Harry Reid
4. I’m holding back on this one because I want to see what my contemporaries aka ARB’s remember most
5. Chili pups
6. most shots of once per minute beer ingested
Nobody interested in playing questions this weekend I guess. Well, for the record, my 5 events, not necessarily in order are the Challenger disaster, the fall of the Berlin Wall, the first night of the first Gulf War, the Bush/Gore election night, and the OJ slow Bronco chase.
My 5 events would be:
Reagan’s election night
Reagan’s being shot
The first night of the Gulf War
The death of Princess Diana
1. President Obama, at a State dinner
2. filthy rich
3. Most any blue dog
4. The resignation of Nixon, Elvis’ death, the royal wedding, first night of the Gulf War, Clinton’s 1992 election night
5. French fries
6. One day, many, many years from now, the oldest person alive
1. dick vitale while he is ranting about the next diaper dandy.
2.watching college football on the big screen
3. president Obama
4.planes hitting the world trade center, death of princess diana, death of micheal jackson, OJ verdict of not guilty and hurricane katrina
5.medium mountain dew
6.most free throws without missing
5. Popeye’s Chicken with mashed potato/gravy or
Kevin’s Corner bacon cheeeeburger w/fries
6. Oldest Living Natural Redhead – no color added.
Um. Yeah, 9-11. That sorta belongs on the list doesn’t it Buzz. I knew I was leaving out something important!
Thanks TB, it is a little better than the slow OJ bronco chase.
1. Brett Favre next Spring or Summer at his retirement/nonretirement press conference
2. on a binge
3. Tom Delay
4. 9-11 certainly tops this list
5. Wendy’s Frosty
6. I like TB’s idea here
1) Somebody white, I promise you that!!
2) Playing golf
3) Vietnam, Ayotollah, Challenger, 9-11, Katrina
4) Double Decker Taco
5) Impregnate the most super models in one day
Sorry, I missed politician one, I would have to go with clinton.
first night of Iraq War, conincided with my 19th birthday
Barack Obama being elected President
The collapse of the world economy.
1. The world series will be between the Yanks and Dodgers, upon the Yanks winning the World Series, Kanye will grab the trophy, and tell us all that Manny Ramirez is the better steriod abuser.
2. I’d Rather be watching Everton play.
3. Dennis Kucinich
5. Popeye’s Chicken, which I now rarely get because there is not one close to me.
6.Longest concert performance.
what exactly do you recall about Vietnam? I believe that we left Saigon in 1975 when you were a mere 5 years old.
I can’t believe I left out Katrina too. I think everything that happened after I turned 31 is affected by my missing brain cells except for a few major events involving my family.
I think the twin towers and Katrina would be obvious life changing events for everyone – that is why I didn’t name them.
I was thinking of the events, as when they are brought up in conversation, u will always remember where and what u were doing at that moment. Almost as though it were frozen in time so to speak.
can I trade everything just to be able to sleep in
As the youngest person here, I have very little to pick from, so Katrina and 9/11 were must haves in my list. It’s weird that all the one’s in my list have happened in this decade. Either the 90’s were kind of boring or I’ve killed off way more brain cells than I thought.
MD– I’m pretty sure that TB instructed us to include the year of our birth, and while I might not “remember” it, It definitely affected all of us because we all had family affected greatly by it. Does that answer your silly little question, Dutchboy?
I didn’t draft the question too well, but I was going for those “remember where you were when they happened” type events, as Buzz mentioned above I think. At any rate, an interesting list developed. We are living in interesting times, the curse of the Chinese proverb, but then again, I guess all times are “interesting.”
AIDS and Krystals to touch on two questions
Sweet, is the Krystal’s one for #2 (I’d rather be eating Krystal’s) or #5 (most Krystal’s eaten in one sitting) ?
Both. And Krystals would be second to AIDS in the cold gray light of dawn regret department
2. In the rain
3. I don’t know..who is the fullest of BS? Is that a trick question?
4. Fall of the Berlin Wall (absolutely the first thing I thought of), Operation Desert Storm, 9/11 War on Terrorism, WWW, Katrina
5. Jimboy chicken tacos..YUMMM
6. I have no idea.