Quote of the Weekend:
“A fine beer may be judged with only one sip, but its better to be thoroughly sure.” –Czech proverb
- What aspect of American culture could you least live without–Professional and NCAA spectator sports, the Internet, Up to the minute news, movies and tv entertainment (includes internet watching), something else?
- What is the best beer drinkin song you know, or at least the best you can think of right now, or hell, a whole beer drinkin playlist if you got one?
- Who’s the coolest movie star, dead and alive?
- What one band or performer would you most like to have seen live in their prime?
- Redd Foxx in the 60’s, Richard Prior in the 70’s, Eddie Murphy in the 80’s, Chris Rock in the 90’s or Dave Chappell in the 00’s?
- Got anybody you wanna dedicate this song to?
3.John Wayne. Clint Eastwood
1. Spectator sports
2. Any David Allan Coe song
3. Have to agree with smilyj on this one. John Wayne & Clint Eastwood
5. Eddie Murphy
6. not my style
1. Spectator sports
2. Straight to Hell
3. Torn on this one: The king is Gone, Whiskey River, or either standing on a picnic table at Mullet Toss singing/screaming Straight to Hell with Baen during the outside night concert.
4. How about one concert…..Woodstock, if thats not valid then The Doors.
5. Chris Rock
6. countless people
whoops I screwed that up, 2 and 3 ran together ran together,,,
3. coolest movie star..Ronald Reagan. Greatest American in my lifetime
2. I asked a pretty broad question. There are so many different kinds of beer drinkin scenarios. For the best bars and dives and for singin on picnic tables at the Flora-bama or dancin in the sand I’m gonna go with “Keep Your Hands To Yourself”, Georgia Satellites (this subject may necessitate further philosobaenizing some cool sunny afternoon this fall)
3. Bogey (almost all the dudes picked so far are blank stare legends btw)
4. I’m tempted to say the late era Beatles, but that’s a lot of squealin girls, and Elvis is out for that reason too. I think I’d have dug seein Waylon in some Texas bar around 1976.
5. Eddie Murphy
6. nope, not right now, but I heard it for the first time in awhile Friday afternoon on XM and I think surlybaen had a few folks in mind at the time.
2. Not really sure. Depends on the situation really.
3. Jack Nicholson, old school pick. Johnny Depp, new school pick.
4. Grateful Dead
5. Prior, with Chapelle as a close 2nd.
6. Bono, I really loathe that guy’s existence.
I saw Waylon in a texas bar. It was in the 90’s. But cool as hell. He told Travis Tritt to kick Billy Ray Cyrus’ ass. He meant it too.
2. Sweet Home Alabama – Play me some Skynyrd Man!
3. Paul Newman
4. John Belushi
5. Prior and Murphy
6. Why, I cannot think of a single, solitary soul because I just love everyone.
1. spectator sports
3. Clint Eastwood
4. limited musical interest but I’ll go with Beatles
5. Eddie Murphy in the 80’s
6. Not at the moment
2. I’m with Irvine Redd – it depends on the situation – but here are a few favorites:
Take Me Out, Franz Ferdinand
So Alive, Love & Rockets
Where It’s At, Beck
Midnight Rider, The Allman Brothers
3. Cary Grant. No contest.
5. Eddie Murphy in the 80s
6. Yes, but I’m not sayin’….
2. <a href=http://listen.grooveshark.com/#/song/Tubthumping/1338116Tubthumping or Gin & Juice? haha.. Umm I can’t think of just one song right now..
Violent Femmes/Beastie Boys/Sublime/Nirvana/Offspring..IDK my brain keeps spitting out bands. I agree it definitely depends on the situation.
3. This one is hard..I need time.
4. Oh IDK..Pink Floyd, The Who, Queen ..one of them I think.
5. Eddie Murphy and then Chris Rock
6. Not sure.