Quote of the Day “But I somehow someway keep coming up with funky ass s**t every day.” as sung by the Gourds covering Snoop, Gin and Juice
We had 9 POTW winners last week. TB and Pitalo were hard luck losers. Musical points were awarded to Zeek for Song of the Week for “Gin and Juice” by the Gourds. He had three votes and his shrewd decision to vote for himself propelled him past Pitalo for SOTW and past Feidt’s Follies as weekly champ. RMac took home theme of the week with three votes, list of the week had no clear winner, with one vote apiece to several players. Be sure to participate and vote on your tunes next week. And beware of TB’s wrath if you self vote and I deem it bad form. Last week’s standings, with bonus picks specified, POTW winners end with number 9:
- Zeek (4-1); a big move up the charts this week.
- RSR; brings it every week.
- Feidt’s Follies (4-1); The usual.
- Ed; a no points shout out for post of the week. I laughed out loud, though I daresay I may have been the only one.
- Sweet; seemed like old times last weekend.
- MD; still dizzy from the teapot rides.
- Adam (1-1); co-TB-right-wing tormenter of the week.
- Fig (2-3); go ahead and put your crap on the blog Fig–I don’t mind being outnumbered. I just hope y’all aren’t jumping all over me if we establish a Kremlin before Christmas.
- Face (0-2); The Greenies are bound to be better next year.
- Pitalo (5-0); two votes for Train in Vain, and I almost voted for Ain’t No Sunshine–that broke the tie ahead of TB. BTW, Pitalo has kicked butt every week I think. Sweet, you watchin?
- TB (5-0); I’ve been unconscious for three weeks. You might want to spend some money in Vegas going against me this week.
- RMac; Theme of the week winner
- TKH (4-1); Thanks for the invite to the money payin pickem game.
- SC (3-1); TB loves a link.
- Larry (3-1); I might need you to get me a prescription written.
- Smily (3-2); keep on pickin the Bullies.
- OB (2-3); so close to breakin through.
- Greeg (1-2); glad you’re back.
- BR MIA–dude? WTF?
- JLM–posted, then lit out for Horn without pickin.
The updated standings:
- TB 273
- Fig 263
- Feidt’s Follies 263
- RMac 262
- Rock Star 251
- Pitalo 232
- Supercynic 231
- OB 226
- Ed 219
- Adam 219
- Sweet 209
- Larry 203
- Face 191
- Smily 188
- Zeek 187
- MD 179
- JLM 150
- Greeg 140
- BR 130
- TKH 130
- West Virginia -4′
- Florida -5′
- BYU -14
- Arkansas +6′
- Oklahoma -21′
- Peaches–Presidents of the United States (listen here)
- Conservative Christian Right Wing Republican Straight White American Males–Todd Snider (listen here)
- Revolution–The Beatles (listen here)
- Eve of Destruction–Barry McGuire (listen here, and check out the angst on his face)
- SOTW–Bob Wills is Still the King–Waylon (listen here)