Quote of the Day: Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow mindedness –Mark Twain
It’s Saturday. I actually went outside and cleaned up a bit on the patio and in the yard. Sadly, only one with the most careful and perceptive eye could actually detect any evidence of my efforts. What I really want to do on a Saturday is be somewhere else. That, along with my rare psychological disorder–obsessive list making–combine to inspire today’s post.
5 Places I’ve Never Been, But Plan to Soon (N. America)
- Whistler and Vancouver, British Columbia
- Maine in the Summer
- The Pacific Coast Highway, San Francisco to Cannon Beach, OR
- Yosemite National Park
- The Utah National Parks
5 Places I’ve Never Been, But Hope to Some Day (World)
- Tahiti or at least somewhere in the neighborhood
- The Andes/Machu Pichu
- The Alps
- Costa Rica
5 Places I Want to Go Back, ASAP
- Maui, the rainy side
- Glacier National Park, MT
- Pacific Coast Highway, San Francisco to Oregon
- Florida Keys, between Key Largo and Key West
- Horn Island, MS
I have never been to Hawaii..but I have to say the “rainy” side of anywhere sounds the most appealing. I just adore the rain.
Can I get an explanation on your 1st and 3rd #3’s?
Should’ve said Seattle to Cannon Beach on the “go back list. I must’ve gotten distracted. Come to think of it, I believe I was having trouble figuring out how to get pictures inserted and get the fonts to work–it was only day two of the blog. I think I’ll leave it as it was. I don’t believe anyone ever read the post until Harmony.
And H, trust me, the rainy side is the best. Dramatically less crowded, beautiful waterfalls, birds and flowers everywhere, and the rain is both intermittent and refreshing so its not much of a hindrance to anything except tanning. Well, it does necessitate pulling over to put the top up on your rental periodically as well, but a cheap price to pay for one of the most beautiful places I’ve seen. I read your post about rainy fall days and while I prefer a rainy summer afternoon, a product of my geography I’m sure, you captured the feel of those days that we don’t always appreciate perfectly.
TB…..went to Maine in the summer once….on my honeymoon as a matter of fact….portland, kennebunkport…drove up to l.l. bean….very nice temperatures along the coast…..beware….even stepping into the waters of the atlantic causes major shrinkage
Shrinkage is not something one wants on their honeymoon. I want to go to Ireland, the Bordeaux region of France and to Italy. I would love to get back to Grand Cayman and visit the homeland. Maine and Connecticut are also on the list and the Keys.
Places I want to go, world:
3. Wellington, NZ
5. Africa in general
Places to get back to immediately:
4. One of the barrier islands, Sand or Horn
Places I want to go, U.S.:
1. Northern California
4. Red Rocks Amphitheater (preferably to see WSP or the Dead)
5. Now that it’s been mentioned and my interest has been been piqued, the rainy side of Maui.
Top 5 places I don’t want to go back to:
1. Charles De Gaulle Airport, Paris- That place is terrible.
2. Los Angeles, I just don’t care about that damn place.
3. London, cool place, but dramatically over-rated, although I’ll state I had fun bouncing around there with JL. It’s just expensive and there are better parts of England to visit.
4. The state of Texas, excluding Austin.
5. Any courtroom. For any reason. Ever.