- It is an inviolable principle of Philosobaenism that rules are meant to be broken.
- I think “Dress Barn” is probably the worst name for a retail shop of all time. Yet they are ubiquitous. Honorable Mention to “Dry Creek Water Park”.
- “Trying to think of a good simile is like….hard.” This came to me one day in a moment of clarity while trying in vain to make an apt comparison.
- “Hypocrisy and cliché are anathema to TB. But then again, there’s a time and a place for everything.” This came to me one night in a spasm of genius. I’ve been carrying it around as a note on my iphone and decided to use it today.
- 42. If you add the numbers, you get “6”, which is the number of beers in a six-pack. It is the only number retired by every Major League Baseball team, in honor of Jackie Robinson. However, it is still worn by Mariano Rivera of the Yankees. See above regarding “rules”. Furthermore, the 42d song in Itunes under Willie Nelson is “Blue Eyes Cryin’ in the Rain.” Episode 42 of “Lost” is titled “Lockdown”. Blows your mind, doesn’t it? If you haven’t yet read “Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy” by Douglas Adams, I implore you to do so as soon as possible. Within 42 days for sure. The first person to make a reference to this classic that I get, in a randomly appropriate post, of course, will be rewarded. Possibly with poetry.
- “The best way to go see a girl is not to go see her.” This profound truth is no longer important to me, other than in the sense that I am always affected by profound truths. Best I recall I got this from “The Moviegoer” by Walker Percy. My quotation is inexact.
- “A simple and independent mind does not toil at the bidding of any prince.” This is an exact quotation from “Walden” by Henry Thoreau, the Quote of the Day in fact. (Note breaking of TB rule in placement of today’s QOTD). I wrote it down last summer while enjoying the first part of this classic of American literature before I bogged down in boredom from the middle of this classic of American literature. I think I’ll try to finish this classic of American literature this summer. There might be another deep thought I’ll want to borrow.
- If you are not very impressed with today’s post, congratulations, you are normal. If however you found someplace within where a chuckle was formed, or even a wry grin, and it was not directed at TB but rather with him, my condolences. You ain’t right.
- Dedicated to MD, and this song by Tom Russell has a line it that I consider a profound truth. Listen for the “fundamentalist” verse.