Quote of the Day “I’m certainly the last person to give advice on, well, anything.” — George Clooney
- A sequel to “The Big Lebowski.” The Dude is inadvertently hired to cover the Republican National Convention. The script would draw inspiration from the Gonzo journalism of “Fear and Loathing: On the Campaign Trail.” Although I’m certainly not suggesting the Dude should take on any characteristics of the Duke. They are polar opposites after all. And that’s why it would be so damned funny.
- Star Wars Episode 0. “The Adventures of Young Yoda.” Two reasons–I want to see Yoda fight in his prime. And I want to see who and how bad his mentor is.
- A Michael Moore documentary on John McCain. We desperately need anything that helps stop the Cons before they can do any more damage. And I bet Moore could make it funny.
- A Marx Brothers remake. Actually, just remake the funniest parts of all their movies. Plot is incidental. Jerry Seinfeld plays Groucho, Jack Black is Chico, Will Ferrell is Harpo and Kate Blanchett plays Zeppo (to give it Oscar eligibility). Meryl Streep plays Margaret Dumond (could get the flick nominated on this post alone).
- An adaptation of any of Hemingway’s books. Better yet, how about just “The Story of Ernest Hemingway?” Young Ernest is Shia Lebouf (I am not looking up the correct spelling) and old Ernest is DeNiro. Smoking, drinking, sex, fishing, skiing, and fighting…this movie could have it all.
- The “Autobiography of Travellinbaen.” Why self written, you ask? I don’t see anybody knocking in my door looking for the job do I? And why should I want this movie made? For the money, of course. And I want it in advance. I never said anything about all these movies having to be worth a damn after all.
- You want ten don’t you? Everything tied up all nice and tidy. Well genius doesn’t work that way. These ideas take a lot out of a man. Go on and make up your own list and leave me the hell alone. (Sorry, I was channelling Bogey there for a minute).
All of the above copywrite protected by Travellinbaen. Have your people call my people send money if they want to discuss.